Our trip to New York this fashion week was particularly special. Not only was it the last season with Merecedes Benz as a title sponsor, it was also the last season that would take place at Lincoln Centre.
We arrived the day before fashion week began so we could enjoy a day in city before our crazy schedule began. Nikki and I stayed at The Empire hotel, conveniently located opposite Lincoln Centre. Given the arctic temperatures in New York during fashion week, this was the ideal place to stay. It was fun to see who would be in the elevator with you each morning. The Empire was definitely a favourite for many fashion week attendees.
Even though we were in New York for just a week, we managed to pack in so many fun things. From backstage interviews and attending runway shows, to shopping trips and wonderful dinners out. Here are some of our highlights from a truly memorable trip.
1. Packing for NYC. Gotta love a good flat lay photo
2. Our first stop in Manhattan was brunch at Jack’s Wife Freda. A fantastic eatery located in Soho. How cute are these sugar packettes?!
3. BCBGMaxAzria sent us the most amazing survival kit, including Red Bull, VitaminC, nail polish, hair products and beauty items. Basically, everything we need to get us through the hectic week of shows. Their show was the first we attended and was absolutely gorgeous!
1. The beautiful set from Tadashi Shoji’s Fall 2015 runway show
2. A welcome coffee & croissant break at Maison Kayser – such a great spot!
3. Celebrating designer Anine Bing’s New York brand new store in the West Village. The space is stunning!
1. Coffee at Maman in Soho. I fell in love with their gorgeous cup designs by Candice Kaye.
2. Our tickets to the Tommy Hilfiger runway show.
3. Dinner at ABC Kitchen with the fabulous Canadian PR team for BCBGMaxAzria. This was such a wonderful evening shared with other Canadian bloggers and journalists (Photo by Monika Hibbs)
1. Watching the taping of Fashion Police at Lincoln Centre
3. We had the opportunity to interview the fabulous Rebecca Minkoff backstage before her runway show. The show inspired by Patti Smith’s book, Just Kids, and the love in New York in the 70’s. The collection was absolutely beautiful.
1. My invitation to Banana Republic’s first New York Fashion Week presentation.
2. Backstage at Banana Republic, interviewing Stila’s global executive director of creative artistry, Sarah Lucer.
3. Love this ‘Quote me’ clutch from the Banana Republic presentation. Their new creative director Marissa Webb is incredible. Can’t wait for this collection to hit stores.
1. Visiting the gorgeous Coach show room to view the Fall 2015 collection.
2. Flowers at the Coach showroom.
3. Enjoying some retail therapy at Kate Spade’s GORGEOUS Madison Ave showroom. How fun is this Caution sign?
1. At 424 Fifth’s showroom to interview their design team.
2. The beautiful cage skirt from 424 Fifth’s Spring collection.
3. The GORGEOUS clutch 424 Fifth team gifted to us.
1. Backstage at Jay Godfrey.
2. Backstage at J.Crew.
3. Backstage at Georgine.
1. It was FREEZING in New York. Even the Lions outside the library were cold!
2. The team at La Prairie treated us to an INCREDIBLE afternoon at their spa at the Ritz Carlton.
3. One last stop at Jack’s Wife Freda – definitely one of our favourite spots.
Thanks for following us on this fun trip! For more of our favourite New York hot spots, check out our
Travel Calling Guide
type keyword and hit enter